Happy March, Phoenix NACE!
Season is well underway for all of us, and so far this year our Board of Directors has been very busy lining up an incredible year of programs! If there is anything you would like to see us do at a meeting, or if you would like to be more involved this year, please feel free to call or email me. And if you are thinking about coming to NACE for the first time, or maybe it is just your first time in a long time - Definitely call me! I’d love to introduce you to some of the wonderful members that make up the Phoenix Chapter!
I also want to take a moment and congratulate our NAU Student Chapter on a GREAT job planning the February Meeting! They were creative, and thought outside of the box, and I am very proud of all of you. An extra special “Congratulations!” to Melisa Lundy for spearheading everything. It’s not always easy for a student to work alongside Professionals in this capacity, and you all did it beautifully. On that same note - thank you to all of the Professional Members that stepped up to help make it all happen. It’s inspiring to be a part of all of the talent and generosity that our community is so eager to share with others.
I hope you all are enjoying the craziness of the season so far, and I look forward to seeing you at our March meeting!
Cheers to you all!
Allison Chapin, CPCE, Phoenix NACE President
Hotel Valley Ho | email@example.com
"Planning the February Meeting for the Phoenix Chapter of NACE was once of the best experience I have had in college" according to Melisa Lundy, Programs director for the NACE NAU chapter, " I was able to learn absolutely everything that goes into a meeting of this kind and work with some incredible people in the industry. I think one of the biggest issues I encountered was having to plan this meeting while being a full-time student. It was a lot of work but well worth it in the end." She found that the biggest issue the student chapter ran into was getting catering companies to participate in donating food and services during the busy month of February and also during Catersource. "We ended up having to change the program a bit but it all came together that evening. I am so grateful to have had this opportunity and love that Phoenix NACE gives a student the chance to live their passion."
See all the great pictures from the event NAU NACE MEETING
Special thanks to all of the vendors that helped make the event possible!
Because Event Space | M Catering | Fresh from the Kitchen Catering | San Tan Catering | Hotel Valley Ho | Creative Coverings Linen | Couple of Bartenders Liquor Service | Y-Knot Party Rentals | Vox DJs | Corey Clementsen |Social Light Design |
Raffle donations provided by : JW Marriott Desert Ridge | Hotel Valley Ho | Tempe Mission Palms | Renaissance Inn | Creative Coverings | The WigWam | The Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch | Doubletree Flagstaff | Little America | Sakura Sushi & Teppanyaki | The Parlor Pizzeria |The Stockyards Steakhouse | Root Public House | Lumberyard | Fratelli Pizza | Plated Projects |Four Seasons Scottsdale Proof Canteen | Kimpton Sir Francis Drake | Scala’s Bistro | SFMOMA (San Francisco Museum of Modern Art) | W Hollywood | Sanctuary Camelback Mountain | Downtown Grand Hotel Las Vegas
This Month's Spirit of NACE goes to Noelle Salinas, owner and Chef at Fresh from the Kitchen Catering. Noelle donated her time and expertise as well as some fabulous appetizers for the February NACE Meeting. Her Culinary expertise as she presented how she made the appetizers really brought to light how much work can go into something so small as a canape!
Noelle was also kind enought to share the appetizer recipe with us.
Chicken Pita Appetizers
- 20 2- to 3-inch-diameter mini pita breads, cut horizontally in half
- Olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)*
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons (packed) grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 cups shredded skinned cooked chicken (from two 2-pound roast chickens)
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- fresh basil to taste, chiffonade
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush cut side of pita bread rounds lightly with olive oil. Arrange rounds on heavy large baking sheet. Bake until crisp and golden, about 6 minutes. Cool pita rounds.
- Mince garlic in processor. Add tahini, 1/2 cup lemon juice, and lemon peel. Blend well. With machine running, gradually add 1/2 cup water, blending until mixture is smooth and thick. Mix in 1/2 cup chopped cilantro. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in large bowl. Mix in 1 1/2 cups sauce, 1/4 cup cilantro, and remaining lemon juice (reserve remaining sauce for another use) and fresh basil.. Season chicken salad to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Store pita rounds airtight at room temperature. Cover chicken salad and refrigerate.)
- Spoon generous 1 tablespoon chicken salad atop each pita round. Arrange on platter. (Can be made 2 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.) Sprinkle with pine nuts and remaining 1/4 cup cilantro and serve.