Hello Phoenix NACE!
I can’t believe it’s March already! Thank you to everyone that came to our February meeting and helped support our incredible NAU Student Chapter! They did an amazing job, and definitely appreciate all of the support they receive from the Phoenix Chapter. It’s truly wonderful to be a part of such a giving and caring group of people!
And speaking of our amazing Phoenix Chapter, I wanted to make sure you all know who your 2019 Board of Directors is!
- President - Allison Chapin, CPCE - Hotel Valley Ho
- Vice President - Kellie Mendoza, CPCE - Tempe Mission Palms
- Secretary - Sandi Campbell - Fable Photo & Film
- Treasurer - Jo Ann Grant - Apropos Creations
- Immediate Past President - Dawn Peterson, CPCE
- Programs Co-Chair - Laurie Southwick - Southwick Linens
- Programs Co-Chair - Nicole Jorgensen - Artisan by Santa Barbara Catering
- Special Events Chair - Corinne Hodgson - Artisan by Santa Barbara Catering
- Fundraising Co-Chair - Cristina Depoy - DePoy Studios
- Fundraising Co-Chair - Jessica Angel
- Community Service Chair - Tony Medlock - PJ's Flowers and Events
- Membership Co-Chair - Julie Brown Pflueger, CPCE - Check It DONE Events!
- Membership Co-Chair - Aurora Baltierra - The Arizona Grand and The Scott Resort
- Website - Alicia Martorano - Karma Lighting
- Newsletter - Ginia Lucas - Y-Knot Party & Rentals
- Job Bank - Deloris Row - DePoy Studios
- Hospitality - Monica Lambert - Hotel Adeline
- Social Media - Nicole Nevin - Radisson Suites Tucson
- NAU Teacher Liaison - Darwin Mann - NAU SHRM
This insanely talented group of professionals are dedicated to making 2019 one to remember! We will continue to do everything we can to showcase our members, and move our exciting industry forward. If you would like to showcase your venue or products at one of our 2019 programs, please don’t hesitate to reach to any one of us. We are here for all of YOU!!
Cheers to you all!
Allison Chapin, CPCE, Phoenix NACE President
Hotel Valley Ho | email@example.com
Welcome new members!!! Phoenix NACE is Growing!
- Deidre Laskoskie , dei-zinz fresh studio
- Maria Mwangi , Studios at Fischer
- Heather McFarlin, Chateau Luxe
- Jessie Whitfield, MISGIF
- Randall Ling, Creations by Sergio
- Nicole King, Eyes 2 See Photography & Films
- Christian Crynes, Instawork
- Samantha Haaf, Phoenix Airport Marriott
- Claire Filippelli, NAU
- Claire O’Brien, NAU Student
- Tiera Randolph, NAU Student
- Jerry Topete, Arizona’s DJ Entertainment
- Precious Welch, NAU Student
- Trinna Rico, Sonesta Suites Scottsdale
SoHo63 glittered with lights, crystals and Phoenix NACE Members in February.
The students get to use the meeting as a fundraiser for their chapter and learn to create and implement an event.
They did not disappoint! Bringing Noelle Salinas from Fresh from the Kitchen to create a Gluten free meal with Pork Carnitas that were mouth watering delicious and haricots verts followed by a duet dessert of Chocolate mousse and a gluten free brownie topped with a cinnamon whip and drizzled with caramel. mmmmm!
After dinner they hosted a round table with Stephanie Sorensen as the moderator to talk about catering to every generation from millenials to seasoned professionals. Learning to speak the language of how your clients and associates speak is essential to being able to work together with perfect communication.
Thanks to our speakers:
- Jacquelyn Dazza, Event Manager at Scottsdale, Marriott Suites
- Missy Redfern, Catering Sales Manager At Talking Stick Resort
- Nikki Jorgensen, Senior Sales Manager at Santa Barbara Catering
- Jessie Whitfield, Founder and Creative Director at MISGIF
- Marisa Asadurian, Event Assistant at Beth Helmstetter Events
NAU's own Lekzia Cortez was our member spotlight for February.
She is a Hospitality and Restaurant Management Major from the NAU Chapter of NACE, Now on her third year on the Exec Board for the Chapter, she is currently Treasurer and co-chair of their fundraising Golf Tournament,
After college she plans on heading to Las Vegas to find a job in HRM.
SoHo 63's crystal walls sparkled as Jo Ellen Verna From AFR was honored as January's Spirit of NACE.
Jo Ellen started her special event furniture rental career at kool. Party Rentals in 2016 and her first day on the job included a NACE meeting. She has been attending monthly meetings ever since!
AFR Furniture Rental acquired kool. in 2017 and with that came Jo Ellen’s opportunity to work nationally, supporting her Arizona and Colorado clients doing what she loves. Jo Ellen prides herself on being a “daymaker”, by responding quickly to clients and helping them bring their special event visions to life!
As a member of NACE and several other local event organizations/associations, Jo Ellen enjoys networking, sharing ideas, learning from and being inspired by all the incredibly talented event professionals she meets day in and day out.
Jo Ellen has served as a board member and event producer, as well as event volunteer for several non-profit organizations including, Bent But Not Broken, Rock Me Arizona, U and Improved Foundation, Teen Life Line, Dress for Success and more. She loves volunteering, giving back to her community working with teen girls, and is always eager to help a friend or neighbor in need.
Jo Ellen’s greatest source of joy comes however from her small, but mighty family.
Deb Beggs was surprised when her name was announced as the February Spirit of NACE.
Deb started out in Catering in 1992, working at OhSo Continental Restaurant and Catering, Events with Taste Catering, at the Phoenix Zoo as the Director of Food and Beverage and was a private consultant before joining the Bright Event Rentals Team in 2006.
She is a member of both NACE and ILEA, has spoken at several conferences and did regular appearances on Sonoran Living from 2008 to 2010.
She is passionate about Mentoring college students, The Alice Cooper Foundation, her Church and most of all her Family. She and her husband have 5 children, six grandchildren, 2 dogs, 2 horses and a Turtle!
With all that she has going on in her life she still believes in volunteering and giving back to the community which is the foundation of what makes her the perfect Spirit of NACE recipient!